Sunday, December 14, 2008

The one with a Christmas survey

This little Holiday survey has been floating around between several family members and friends. I thought it was fun.. . so here goes:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It depends on the time crunch. Preferably wrapping paper with a really big fancy curly ribbon
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...tree sap is a NO.
3. When do you put up the tree? Around turkey day - except this year I put it up the first week of december :(
4. When do you take the tree down? The beginning of January
5. Do you like eggnog? I add 1/2 cup skim milk with 1/2 cup eggnog so it's not so THICK..and then I LOVE IT!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? an Alvin doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? Kevin
8. Easiest person to buy for ? Halle
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, one that Kev carved for me. It's my fave Christmas decoration in my house
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? By mail...if I get that far that year
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An empty gift card
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year...
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Kev's cookin'
16. Lights on the tree? I have red and clear lights on our tree..YAY
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oooo...too many to name! This year I'm feeling "Let's be Naughty" by Elliot Yamin, "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" Christina Aguilara, "Another Year Has Gone By" Celine Dion, ALL of Michael Bolton's Christmas songs, "The Chipmunk Song" Alvin, Simon & Theodore, "You're a mean one Mr. Grinch"... . . . the list goes ON and ON. Sometimes mid-july I just can't stand it anymore and start listening to 'em all.
The best music is Christmas music.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. . .maybe visit family in the evening
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen, Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen, and of course Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Pajamas and Kevin's family's gifts on Christmas Eve. The rest in the morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Having to tell people what I want for Christmas. How am I supposed to know these things!!!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I would LOVE to do a Dr. Seuss tree with some really big, really funky, really brightly colored ornaments. :) I'm gonna do it one of these years :)
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Kevin make a turkey the way only he does....mmmmmmm
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Kevin to be home - and him not having any homework to study - just plenty of time to relax and be together. And the kids to have a wonderful Christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

0 comments: